BotW recipesare one of the more playful additions to the reinvented Zelda formula. As well as the crafting system, this offers many, many concoctions for you to discover. It's very rare that you'll get recipes, so finding them through trial and error is the key to creating culinary masterpieces. Of course, some players would like to have a recipe book, and that's exactly what we've done here. Every single oneBotW-Rezeptfor every delicious meal.
So, bookmark this page and drop by here every time Link's stomach starts to growl. If you're fed up, check out oursBotW-amiiboGuide to get some in-game freebies, or ourZelda BotW mapRundown to make sure you really know where you're going. If you need a refresher on the stars of the game, check out oursBotW ZeldaandBotW-Linkguide before the sequel comes out.
BotW recipe book
Here are all the dishes you could need in BotW:
How to cook BotW recipes?
Cooking in Breath of the Wild is easy but not educational. First you need to find a cooking pot. If there's no burning fire underneath, use some kind of flame to light it (or drop some flint on the wood and use a metal weapon to light it). Once the fire is lit, it's time to cook.
Go into your inventory and select the ingredients you want and make sure you get Link to hold them. You can hold up to five items. Once you hold them, exit the menu and drop them into the cooking pot. Et voilà, you are on your way to countless culinary creations. Enjoy your meal!
Any BotW recipe
Here are all BotW recipes. Any undefined ingredient (e.g. vegetables, mushrooms, seafood, etc.) means you can use any type of that ingredient. Well what are you waiting for? start cooking
Vegan BotW Recipes
Ever wanted to roleplay as an environmentally conscious Link? Well, here are all BotW recipes that do not harm any animal.
- Plenty of fried wild vegetables - four different types of vegetables
- Plentiful mushroom skewers - four different mushrooms
- Curry Rice - Hylian Rice, Goron Spice
- Fragrant Mushroom Saute - Mushroom, Goron Spice
- Roasted Wild Vegetables – Vegetables
- Fruit and Mushroom Blend – Fruit, Mushroom
- Herb Sauté - Vegetables, Goronengewz
- Mushroom Rice Balls - Mushroom, Hylian Rice
- Mushroom skewer – mushroom
- Rock Hard Food - Gems or Wood
- Salt Grilled Vegetables – Vegetables, rock salt
- Grilled mushrooms – button mushrooms, rock salt
- Sauteed Nuts - Acorn or Chickaloo walnut
- Spicy Sautéed Peppers - Spicy Pepper
- Steamed Fruits – Fruits, vegetables
- Steamed mushrooms – mushroom, vegetable
- Vegetable Curry - Carrot or Pumpkin, Goron Spice, Hylian Rice
- Veggie Rice Balls - Vegetables, Hylian rice
- Wheat Bread - Rock Salt, Tabantha Wheat
Vegetarian BotW Recipes
If you can't do without eggs and milk, don't worry. With this wide range of recipes, you can also be a vegetarian in Breath of the Wild.
- Carrot Stew - Carrot, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
- Mushroom Cream Soup – Mushrooms, Vegetables, Fresh Milk, Rock Salt
- Cream of Vegetable Soup – Vegetables, fresh milk, rock salt
- Creamy Heart Soup - radish, hydromelon, volt fruit, fresh milk
- Curry Pilaf - Hylian Rice, Goat Butter, Goron Spice
- Glazed mushrooms – button mushrooms, coarser bee honey
- Glazed Vegetables – Vegetables, coarser honey
- Mushroom Omelette - Mushroom, Bird Egg, Goat Butter, Rock Salt
- Mushroom Risotto - Mushroom, Goat Butter, Hylian Rice, Rock Salt
- Pumpkin Stew - Fortified Pumpkin, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
- Vegetable Omelet - Vegetables, Bird Egg, Goat Butter, Rock Salt
- Vegetable Risotto - Carrot or Pumpkin, Goat Butter, Hylian Rice, Rock Salt
- Veggie Cream Soup - Pumpkin or carrot, fresh milk, rock salt
Meat BotW Recipes
You might see Link as a tough young man trying to save the world. He can't be picky about his dietary needs, can he? Well here is the list for all the meat lovers out there.
- Plentiful meat skewers - four different types of raw meat
- Creamy Meat Soup - raw meat, herbs, fresh milk, rock salt
- Glazed meat – meat, coarser bee honey
- Gourmet Meat Curry - Raw Gourmet Meat, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice
- Gourmet Meat Stew - Gourmet Raw Meat, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
- Gourmet Meat and Rice Bowl - Gourmet Raw Meat or Raw Whole Bird, Hylian Rice, Rock Salt
- Gourmet Meat and Seafood Fried - Gourmet raw meat or raw bird leg, any fish
- Gourmet Spiced Meat Skewer - Gourmet Raw Meat or Raw Whole Bird, Goron Seasoning
- Meat Curry - Raw Meat, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice
- Meat Pie - Raw Meat, Tabantha Wheat, Goat Butter, Rock Salt
- Meat skewer - raw meat
- Meat Stew - Raw Meat, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
- Meat and Mushroom Skewer - raw meat, mushroom
- Meat and Rice Bowl - Raw Meat or Raw Leg of Bird, Hylian Rice, Rock Salt
- Roasting meat and seafood - raw meat or raw bird leg, fish
- Meat Stuffed Squash - Raw meat, fortified squash
- Meaty Rice Balls - Raw Meat, Hylian Rice
- Prime Meat Curry - Raw Prime Meat, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice
- Prime Meat Stew - Raw Prime Meat, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
- Prime Meat and Rice Bowl - raw bird shank, Hylian rice, Goron spice
- Prime meat and fried seafood - raw prime meat or raw bird leg, fish
- Prime Spiced Meat Skewer - Raw prime meat or raw bird leg, Goron spice
- Gourmet Salt Grilled Meat - Raw Gourmet Meat or Raw Whole Bird, Rock Salt
- Grilled meat - raw meat or raw bird leg, rock salt
- Premium Grilled Meat - Raw prime beef or raw bird leg, rock salt
- Spiced Meat Skewer - Raw meat or raw bird leg, Goron spice
- Spicy Pepper Steak - Meat, spicy pepper
- Stewed meat – meat, vegetables
BotW Poultry Recipes
A more tender flavor than the meat above, here are all the Poultry BotW Recipes.
- Gourmet Chicken Curry - Raw Whole Bird, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice
- Gourmet Chicken Pilaf - Raw Whole Bird, Bird Egg, Goat Butter, Hylian Rice
- Poultry Curry - Raw Bird Thigh, Goron Spice, Hylian Rice
- Chicken Pilaf - Raw Bird Thigh, Bird Egg, Goat Butter, Hylian Rice
- Prime Poultry Curry - Raw Bird Thigh, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice
- Premium Chicken Pilaf - Raw Bird Thigh, Bird Egg, Goat Butter, Hylian Rice
BotW Seafood Recipes
Link is a good swimmer and great at boating with the large blade he has. Surely he's a fan of seafood?
- Clam Chowder - Hearty Blue Snail, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
- Plentiful seafood skewers - four different fish
- Crab Omelet with Rice - Crab, Bird Egg, Rock Salt, Hylian Rice
- Crab Risotto - Crab, Rock Salt, Hylian Rice, Goat Butter
- Krabbenpfanne - crab, goronen spice
- Creamy Seafood Soup - Seafood, herbs, rock salt, fresh milk
- Fish Pie - Seafood, Rock Salt, Goat Butter, Tabantha Wheat
- Fish and mushroom skewer - fish, mushroom
- Glazed Seafood - Seafood, coarser honey
- Porgy meunière – Porgy, goat butter, Tabantha wheat
- Salmon Meunière - Hearty Salmon, Rock Salt, Hylian Rice, Goat Butter
- Salmon Risotto - Savory Salmon, Rock Salt, Hylian Rice, Goat Butter
- Crabs Grilled with Salt - Crabs, rock salt
- Grilled fish – fish, rock salt
- Seafood Curry - Porgy or Savory Blue Snail, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice
- Seafood Fried Rice - Porgy or Savory Blue Snail, Hylian Rice, Rock Salt
- Seafood Meunière – Seafood, Goat Butter, Wheat Tabantha
- Seafood Paella - Porgy, Savory Blue Snail, Rock Salt, Goat Butter, Hylian Rice
- Seafood Rice Balls - Fish, Hylian rice
- Seafood Skewer - crab or snail
- Spicy Pepper Seafood - Fish, Spicy Pepper
- Steamed fish – fish, vegetables
Monster BotW Recipes
If you want to explore Link's darker side, here are all the monster-based BotWrecipes. He has to take what he can get, right?
- Shady Food - Monster parts or other non-edible items
- Monster Cake - Monster Extract, Cane Sugar, Goat Butter, Tabantha Wheat
- Monster Curry - Monster Extract, Goron Spice, Hylian Rice
- Monster Rice Balls - Monster Extract, Hylian Rice, Rock Salt
- Monster Soup - Monster Extract, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
- Monster Stew - Monster Extract, Meat, Seafood
Desert BotW Recipes
Everyone deserves a reward now and then. Ruin Link's diet with these sweet treats.
- Apple Pie - Apple, Goat Butter, Cane Sugar, Tabantha Wheat
- Carrot Cake - Carrot, Goat Butter, Cane Sugar, Tabantha Wheat
- Plentiful Cooked Fruit - Four different fruits
- Pancakes - Bird Egg, Goat Butter, Tabantha Wheat, Cane Sugar
- Egg Pudding - Bird Egg, Fresh Milk, Cane Sugar
- Energizing honey candy – coarser bee honey
- Energizing Honey Crepe - Natural Bee Honey, Tabantha Wheat, Bird Egg, Cane Sugar, Fresh Milk
- Fried Bananas - Mighty Bananas, Cane Sugar, Tabantha Wheat
- Fruit Pie - Apple or Wild Berry, Fruit, Cane Sugar, Tabantha Wheat
- Fruit Pie - Fruit, Goat Butter, Cane Sugar, Tabantha Wheat
- Honey apple – apple, coarser bee honey
- Honey Fruits – fruit, coarser bee honey
- Hot Butter Apple - Apple, Goat Butter
- Nut Cake - Acorn or Chikaloo walnut, goat butter, cane sugar, tabantha wheat
- Easy Crepe - Tabantha Wheat, Bird Egg, Cane Sugar, Fresh Milk
- Pumpkin Pie - Fortified Pumpkin, Goat Butter, Cane Sugar, Tabantha Wheat
- Cooked fruit – fruit
- Wildberry Crepe – Wildberry, Bird Egg, Cane Sugar, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat
Drink BotW recipes
A strong drink for Link. Well, he's underage, so no alcohol. But still it has a fairy in it. That must make him feel a little wavy, right?
- Feen-Tonicum – Fee
Whoa, that's a lot of BotW recipes. Thanks to our BotW recipe book, you'll be ready to explore Hyrule with a full belly. If you need more Zelda magic, we have oneSkyward Sword amiiboGuide to getting started in this classic Wii adventure.
What recipe does Gotter want Botw? ›
To complete the Quest, Link must give Gotter either a Fruitcake or a Monster Cake. If Link gives Gotter a Fruitcake, Gotter will pause to muse that Princess Zelda herself once enjoyed the same Recipe before eating it.What are the best food combinations in Zelda breath of the wild? ›
- Enduring Mushroom Skewer: Combine Raw Meat or Bird Meat + Endura Shroom. ...
- Meat and Seafood Fry: Combine Raw Meat + Hyrule Bass + Spicy Peppers. ...
- Hearty Steamed Meat: Combine Raw Meat + Hearty Radish + Hearty Truffle. ...
- Spicy Pepper Steak: Combine Meat + Hylian Shroom + Spicy Pepper.
The World's Most Difficult Dishes to Prepare
- The Fugu Puffer Fish. ...
- Mole Poblano. ...
- Soufflé ...
- Turducken. ...
It will produce a potion that restores 8 Hearts per Fairy. It also has a unique sprite. However, it does not allow you recover if you lose all your hearts.Does feeding dogs do anything Botw? ›
When you've successfully fed the dog, it will begin to follow you. You now have a companion in the field! You can run around in a circle a few times to see if the dog will chase its tail, which is mostly adorable and doesn't have much use. You can do other things with the dog too, like playing fetch.What items should I not sell in Breath of the Wild? ›
The short answer is that you should keep rarer items and sell common ones. This goes for everything from food to monster parts. You'll end up using a lot of the rarer or hard-to-get items to upgrade your outfits (and some side quests) and the rarer foods give you more hearts or grant extra effects.Can you make elixirs with Chuchu jelly? ›
Cooking. Like other monster parts, Chuchu Jelly can be cooked with Bugs, Frogs, or Lizards, to create Elixirs. The Chuchu Jelly don't add anything of substance while cooking, but are required to make the Elixir.Do you sleep with Paya Botw? ›
Paya lives in Impa's house, so head inside and talk to her for a while. Eventually you'll put her to bed, at which point you'll want to wait by the fire until night falls. Once night falls, a guard named Dorian will leave his post and begin walking up the hill nearby.Can you get a girlfriend in Botw? ›
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is no dating game, but it doesn't lack for romance. Link experiences the platonic love of giant horses and dogs throughout his adventure — as well as the affections of two fishlike creatures, whom everyone really wants to date in real life.What happens if you cook milk in Botw? ›
Warm Milks are a kind of Food that Link can make by Cooking Fresh Milk in a Cooking Pot. Drinking them will heal Link's Life Gauge of some of his Hearts. Having one before sleeping will ensure a good night's rest.
What is the unhealthiest dish? ›
1. The Cheesecake Factory: Breakfast Burrito (2,730 calories) This breakfast burrito, which is served all day, not only won overall on its calorie count but also contains almost four days' worth of saturated fat, at 73 grams, plus two days' worth of sodium content.Which meal is most skipped? ›
Breakfast is most commonly skipped meal more than lunch and dinner specifically in the young adult in the university study period and those who wake up late. Lack of time is the main reason behind skipping meals, in general, lack of appetite, inability to cook, fasting/religion, and not being hungry.What happens if you give the fairy 10000 rupees? ›
The first fairy needs 100 Rupees, the second will ask for 500, the third will need 1,000, and the fourth Great Fairy will require a whopping 10,000 rupees! Once you've agreed to pay said one-time transaction (which can vary depending on the fairy), the Great Fairy will burst forth revealing a splendid fairy fountain.What happens if you hit a chicken in Botw? ›
Many Zelda games feature the "angry cucco" secret - where if you make Link attack a chicken (in the Zelda universe they're named cuccos) then eventually a whole flock of its friends will fly down and rapidly peck Link to death.Can dubious food hurt you BOTW? ›
Dubious Food is a piece of food in Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. "It's too gross to even look at. A bizarre smell issues forth from this heap. Eating it won't hurt you though...Will a dog follow you forever Botw? ›
What is even more interesting about the dogs in BOTW is that their bond isn't assumed. In many games, such as Skyrim, you can just buy a dog and it would follow you loyally where ever you go. But in BOTW you have to work to earn a dog's trust and there are limits of what it will do for you.Can you save Buddy the dog? ›
Players will have to decide whether to kill Buddy there or let him die slowly; unfortunately, there is no saving him.Is it OK to sell diamond in BOTW? ›
Diamonds cannot be used for cooking and sell for 500 Rupees each. The most precious gem one can find in Hyrule, its signature sparkle has charmed Hyruleans for generations. As such, it has sold for a very high price since ancient times.Should I sell rare bone sword? ›
The Rare Bone serves no practical purpose other than to be sold. In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, the Rare Bone counts as a Fossil towards Fossil count when dug up in the Underground.What is the coolest weapon in BOTW? ›
Of all the weapons in Breath of the Wild, the Master Sword is by far the best. This weapon is a special one because it doesn't actually break, it just needs to be recharged after being used for a while. But this powerful weapon and its special properties don't come without some sacrifices.
Is there a Yiga mask BOTW? ›
A guaranteed Yiga Mask can be found in False God Passage, which is accessed via the Rift Secret Grotto.How do you get 3 Urbosa fury? ›
Link can obtain Urbosa's Fury + by overcoming Urbosa's part of the Divine Beast Tamer's Trial in the "EX Champion Urbosa's Song" Main Quest. To do so, Link must face three Trials and defeat Thunderblight Ganon in combat in the Illusory Realm.How do you get 50000 rupees BOTW? ›
Head to the back of the house and you'll spot a man wearing pink trousers. This is Bolson. Speak to him and he'll initially offer to sell you the house for 50,000 rupees, which is an incredible amount of money that you're unlikely to have.Is there a permanent sword in Breath of the Wild? ›
The Master Sword is unique in that it doesn't break like every other weapon in the game. Instead of shattering and being lost forever, the Master Sword loses energy.What is the most useful glitch in BOTW? ›
Best BOTW Glitch - Bow Spin
Bow spinning can lead to great combat techniques and tricks, including permanently freezing enemies, or quickly dealing a massive amount of elemental damage.
- Hearty Elixir (Extra Hearts) - Hearty Lizard.
- Energizing Elixir (Restores Stamina) - Restless Cricket, Energetic Rhino Beetle.
- Enduring Elixir (Extra Stamina) - Tireless Frog.
- Hasty Elixir (Increases Movement Speed) - Hot-Footed Frog, Hightail Lizard.
Octorok Tentacles are dropped by all types Octoroks when defeated. Like other Monster Parts, they can't be used for Cooking, but can still be combined with critters in a Cooking Pot to make Elixirs. They can also be exchanged for Mon at the Fang and Bone or used for Light Blue Dye at the Kochi Dye Shop.Do certain monster parts make better elixirs? ›
Monster parts only affect the duration of an elixir, never the effect. Rarity of the monster part is the key to understanding how the duration is affected. Bokoblin horns add one minute to the duration of the elixir, while bokoblin guts add three.Can you cook diamonds in Botw? ›
Diamonds cannot be used for cooking and sell for 500 Rupees each. The most precious gem one can find in Hyrule, its signature sparkle has charmed Hyruleans for generations.Is there a secret village in Botw? ›
Hidden away near Tuft Mountain, there is a teeny little village that goes by the name of Lurelin. Upon closer inspection, this village seems to be modeled after Outset Island, the starting island of the GameCube's The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
What does Hestu's gift do Botw? ›
Hestu's Gift is one of the Key Items in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and is the reward for collecting all 900 korok seeds. A gift of friendship given to you by Hestu. It smells pretty bad. This item does not have any special uses except for its ability to cause Hestu to dance on command.What should I not sell in Botw? ›
Selling food and meal ingredients isn't going to make you rich. First, most of the edible materials are only worth a handful of rupees, and any that you have a lot of are worth even less. Second, their value increases when you cook them, which means you generally shouldn't be selling your food raw.What is the most powerful Armour in Botw? ›
The best armour in Breath of the Wild is the Ancient set - the Ancient Helm, Cuirass, and Greaves - and is only obtainable after you complete a specific side quest - Robbie's Research - and you've then collected the right materials to be traded in at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab.What is the coolest weapon in Botw? ›
Of all the weapons in Breath of the Wild, the Master Sword is by far the best. This weapon is a special one because it doesn't actually break, it just needs to be recharged after being used for a while. But this powerful weapon and its special properties don't come without some sacrifices.What happens if you smelt diamond? ›
At ~700 degrees Fahrenheit the diamond will start burning. This will produce Carbon Dioxide and change the structure so that it is no longer a diamond. As diamond is made of Carbon, it would revert back to that form while losing its mass to the production of CO2. This is due to the presence of Oxygen.Does Ore Respawn Botw? ›
What is a Blood Moon? Think of a Blood Moon as Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's reset button. All of your enemies respawn, and the world's resources — things like ores or the weapons you find laying around — repopulate.Is the scimitar of the seven unbreakable? ›
Zelda: Breath of the Wild Weapon Crafting: How to repair the Scimitar of the Seven. Urbosa's one-handed sword can be repaired if you have a diamond, five flint and a Gerudo Scimitar. The Gerudo Scimitar can be found on a bundle of boxes immediately to the left of the entrance to Gerudo Town and up a small set of stairs ...Do you sleep with Paya in BotW? ›
Paya lives in Impa's house, so head inside and talk to her for a while. Eventually you'll put her to bed, at which point you'll want to wait by the fire until night falls. Once night falls, a guard named Dorian will leave his post and begin walking up the hill nearby.Can you get a girlfriend in BotW? ›
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is no dating game, but it doesn't lack for romance. Link experiences the platonic love of giant horses and dogs throughout his adventure — as well as the affections of two fishlike creatures, whom everyone really wants to date in real life.Is it worth getting all 900 Korok seeds? ›
Getting all 900 Korok Seeds in this Legend of Zelda game, though, is nearly pointless. Finding every Korok in Breath of the Wild and bringing the Seeds back to Hestu will award Link with an item called Hestu's Gift, which is a purely ornamental item that doesn't actually do anything.
Who is Hestu's grandpa? ›
|Related||Great Deku Tree (Surrogate Grandfather)|